Business Controller at Cellcolabs
Cellcolabs is a biotech impact startup on a mission to manufacture advanced cell therapies at an industrial scale to disrupt healthcare as we know it. If you want to be a part of that revolution and make a genuine difference to the lives of many, we have the job for you!
We are looking for a number savvy Business Controller with experience from supply chain and operations to join our team at Cellcolabs. As our Business Controller, you will play a vital role in driving financial performance and operational efficiency as well as supply chain management.
In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing and optimizing our end-to-end supply chain and production processes, identifying cost-saving opportunities and implementing effective financial processes. You will collaborate closely with internal teams to develop and execute strategies that maximize productivity, minimize costs, and ensure the smooth flow of products throughout our supply chain. You will also be responsible for financial planning and analysis, providing accurate and timely reports, forecasts, and insights to support key business decisions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for analytical and purposeful work, who thrives in working in a high-paced environment and being able to contribute, shape, lead and influence within a highly entrepreneurial business. The role is located at our head office at Campus Solna of Karolinska Institutet and you will report to our CFO/COO.
Main responsibilities (but no limited to):
- Financial planning, analysis, and forecasting for Cellcolabs, including supply chain and operations.
- Develop and maintain financial models, budgets, and forecasts to support strategic decision-making.
- Analyze our supply chain, identify areas for optimization and implement cost-saving initiatives directly with our internal teams and the suppliers.
- Collaborate and negotiate with suppliers to improve processes, reduce lead times, and enhance supplier relationships.
- Prepare and present financial reports, variance analysis, and performance metrics to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Provide guidance and support to other departments regarding financial matters.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have a degree in business, finance, or equivalent.
- Have 1-3 years of experience in an accounting, finance or business controller role, preferably in a start-up environment.
- As you will manage multiple and various tasks and stakeholders and suppliers in parallel, it’s important that you have solid project management skills, are comfortable in an ever changing environment, have a resilient mindset and a problem solving attitude.
- Have a strong knowledge of financial management, accounting principles, and supply chain management.
- Are motivated by finding ways to constantly improve processes and optimize financial performance.
- Appreciate working both on practical tasks and strategic decisions, and anything in between, true to the nature of a fast paced start-up.
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written.
Cellcolabs is fast-paced and an exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. And, you’ll get to work in a team of driven people with similar aspirations. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the work you have done to improve and revolutionize our healthcare.
Cellcolabs is contributing to better global health through efficient large-scale production of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) which are used in advanced cell therapies. The company builds on cutting edge research from Karolinska Institutet and is located at Campus Solna.
Today, global production of MSC is almost only done for research purposes or in University Hospital laboratories. Cellcolabs specializes in industrial production of selected cells to make high quality and GMP produced cell therapies at scale - ultimately dramatically lowering the price of research as well as the treatments of the future. By producing at scale, we will speed up both the clinical development and use of advanced cell treatments.
Cellcolabs is founded and backed by some of Sweden’s foremost health and life science entrepreneurs. Main owners are Takura, Vatio and Norrsken Foundation.
If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and help us make a better world, let us know that you are the superstar we are looking for!
Cellcolabs aims to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities. If you’re not sure that you meet all of the requirements for the role, we still encourage you to apply.
This recruitment is done in collaboration with Norrsken Talent.
- Norrsken Talent
Who are we?
We are a mix of highly dedicated, top-performing entrepreneurs, analysts, investors, developers and creatives who all believe in making the world a better place.
We share the same down to earth values and ambitions that make us thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where our efforts are directed towards making good things happen in efficient ways.
We believe that the highest impact come from mutual efforts, wherefore we only hire great team players who invest a lot of hard work and dedication into their practices.
Needless to say, Norrsken is an equal opportunity employer.
About Norrsken Foundation
We are a non-religious, non-partisan, non-profit Foundation with a strong belief in Effective Altruism. We support and invest in both for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations, whichever we believe is most likely to have a positive impact on society.
Business Controller at Cellcolabs
Loading application form
Already working at Norrsken Foundation?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.