Managing Director Nordics
Calling all visionary leaders! Norrsken Foundation is seeking a top tier Managing Director for our Nordic operations, to spearhead the next big leap on our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Stockholm is where Norrsken first opened its doors in 2017. We’re now running an award winning hub for impact entrepreneurs. We arrange Impact Week and meetups to bring together our Nordic ecosystem of 10,000+ founders, investors and thought-leaders, to progress our joint thinking, action and scale impact. But we are only getting started…
We want to continue building a top tier ecosystem for founders to grow their business into Impact Unicorns - who can positively impact 1 billion lives. Our vision is grand and our aspirations are big, the only thing standing in your way is your own creativity and grit. Want to be a vital part of the solution?
The Position is based in Stockholm and you will be reporting directly to the Co-CEO, Sara Kappelmark.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leading Norrsken Foundation strategically and operationally in the Nordics. Scale what we’re becoming great at, as well as pushing the boundaries for innovation and impact.
- Lead the Nordics team, including house, events and partnerships.
- Make Norrsken House Stockholm the perfect launchpad for impact startups on a journey to become Impact Unicorns.
- Be the thought leader and the face of Norrsken in the region and be comfortable presenting us on stage, in stakeholder meetings, online and in the media.
- Make Norrsken House the epicenter of inspiration through exciting & unexpected events & experiences. E.g. Impact Week, Impact Meetups, Morning Raves that turn Norrsken House into the most popular club in Stockholm, or any crazy idea we have not yet thought of.
- Drive and initiate strategic partnerships with current and future partners.
- Make sure we use our resources to create maximum positive impact, which concretely means to set the budget and manage the P&L for Norrsken in the Nordics.
- Closely collaborate with your peers in the global management team to bring out our best collaborative advantages.
Who you are:
- Purpose driven and experienced leader (10+ years) with a genuine passion for making things better in the world
- A sharp mind with the ability to cut through complexity and simplify things.
- A results oriented doer who doesn't mind rolling up your sleeves to get good shit done.
- Strong people leader, with ability to bring out the best of the team and inspire them to greatness
- Curious and quick learner, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You're not afraid to make decisions and take calculated risks to achieve big things
- Relationship builder, with strong ability to engage people and organizations to join forces with Norrsken on our mission. You’re able to connect on a peer level both with first time entrepreneurs and seasoned business leaders
- You are entrepreneurial and love making things happen. Track record of building something new, be it a startup, new initiatives within a company, social sector or public sector.
A job at Norrsken is like working at a startup. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. And, you’ll get to work in a team of caring people with similar aspirations. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together.
About Norrsken Foundation
Norrsken is an impact ecosystem where entrepreneurs can find everything they need to make saving the world their business. It is a non-profit foundation, set up by Niklas Adalberth (co-founder of unicorn Klarna).
We run award-winning co-working spaces in Stockholm-Sweden, Kigali-Rwanda and Barcelona-Spain. We incubated several investment funds, including Norrsken VC -the world's largest early-stage impact VC fund, and Norrsken22, a $200 million growth fund backing exceptional entrepreneurs building Africa’s new tech unicorns.
We run our own global Norrsken Impact Accelerator, and also continue to gather some of the world’s greatest thinkers in the recurring end-of-summer Impact Week.
...But we’re only getting started. We’re now ready for the next stage of our growth journey, and we’re looking for top-tier talent to join our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Salary and benefits
The salary level for this position is 85,500 SEK, 7 weeks of vacation, health benefits, pension and relevant insurance. Opportunity to invest in Norrsken’s funds.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as recruitment is ongoing.
Join us at Norrsken and seize this opportunity to lead a movement that will shape the future of impact entrepreneurship in the Nordics. If you are a visionary leader ready to make a profound difference, we invite you to apply and be part of our journey to put a positive ding in the universe.
Norrsken wishes to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and ecosystem. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities.
- Norrsken Foundation
Who are we?
We are a mix of highly dedicated, top-performing entrepreneurs, analysts, investors, developers and creatives who all believe in making the world a better place.
We share the same down to earth values and ambitions that make us thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where our efforts are directed towards making good things happen in efficient ways.
We believe that the highest impact come from mutual efforts, wherefore we only hire great team players who invest a lot of hard work and dedication into their practices.
Needless to say, Norrsken is an equal opportunity employer.
About Norrsken Foundation
We are a non-religious, non-partisan, non-profit Foundation with a strong belief in Effective Altruism. We support and invest in both for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations, whichever we believe is most likely to have a positive impact on society.
Managing Director Nordics
Loading application form
Already working at Norrsken Foundation?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.