Norrsken Foundation is on a mission to put a positive ding in the universe, by connecting founders with the capital, knowledge and network they need to make saving the world their business.
We are looking for a Finance Lead to lead the finances of Norrsken House Barcelona. In this role, you will be responsible for financial analysis, forecasting, planning, monitoring and reporting. You will work closely together with both internal and external stakeholders to e.g. prepare all the necessary documentation for tax and financial purposes, ensure that all the activities we perform in Norrsken House Barcelona are financially sound and efficient and report our progress internally and learn how we work across our houses.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for analytical and purposeful work, who thrives in working in a high-paced environment and to oversee the full-accounting lifecycle of what will be Europe’s biggest hub for tech and impact startups.
Examples of responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Oversee the management of all member accounts, including processing payments, invoicing, accounts reconciliation and addressing any billing issues that arise.
- Lead the accounting and business control activities necessary to execute month-end, quarterly-end and year-end close documentation including accounts payable and receivable, tax returns, cashflow monitoring and other financial transactions.
- Perform a quantitative and qualitative analysis of costs and financial statements, comparing Actuals vs Budget or Actuals vs Forecast.
- Create business cases and provide recommendations on the financial feasibility of current and proposed projects.
- Help create expenses, payroll, policies, routines and guidelines within the House.
Who you are:
- Want to make the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship, technology and business can be a driving force to make this happen.
- Have 3+ years of experience from an Accounting, finance or Business Controller role, preferably in a start-up environment.
- As you will manage multiple and various tasks and stakeholders in parallel, it’s important that you have solid project management skills, are comfortable in an ever changing environment, have a resilient mindset and a problem solving attitude.
- Come with a strong knowledge of financial management, accounting principles, and local regulations.
- Are motivated by finding ways to constantly improve processes and optimize financial performance.
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written. You speak Spanish and English fluently (other languages are a plus).
A job at Norrsken is like working at a startup. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. And, you’ll get to work in a team of caring people with similar aspirations. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together.
Norrsken is an impact ecosystem where entrepreneurs can find everything they need to make saving the world their business. It is a non-profit foundation, set up by Niklas Adalberth (co-founder of unicorn Klarna).
We run award-winning co-working spaces in Stockholm-Sweden, Kigali-Rwanda and Barcelona-Spain. We incubated several funds, including Norrsken VC -the world's largest early-stage impact VC fund, and Norrsken22, a $200 million growth fund backing exceptional entrepreneurs building Africa’s new tech unicorns.
We run our own global Norrsken Impact Accelerator, and also continue to gather some of the world’s greatest thinkers in the recurring end-of-summer Impact Week.
...But we’re only getting started. We’re now ready for the next stage of our growth journey, and we’re looking for top-tier talent to join our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Salary and benefits
- A salary of 30,000€ gross per year.
- 28 days of holidays per year.
- The opportunity of joining the Norrsken Barcelona team early-on, with your input being a key part of the definition of the initial processes and ways in which the House will operate.
Norrsken aims to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities. If you’re not sure that you meet all of the requirements for the role, we still encourage you to apply.
- Norrsken Foundation
Who are we?
We are a mix of highly dedicated, top-performing entrepreneurs, analysts, investors, developers and creatives who all believe in making the world a better place.
We share the same down to earth values and ambitions that make us thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where our efforts are directed towards making good things happen in efficient ways.
We believe that the highest impact come from mutual efforts, wherefore we only hire great team players who invest a lot of hard work and dedication into their practices.
Needless to say, Norrsken is an equal opportunity employer.
About Norrsken Foundation
We are a non-religious, non-partisan, non-profit Foundation with a strong belief in Effective Altruism. We support and invest in both for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations, whichever we believe is most likely to have a positive impact on society.
Loading application form
Already working at Norrsken Foundation?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.