Nordic Ecosystem Lead
Are you passionate about impact entrepreneurship and want to add tangible value for those that make saving the world their business? Do you have a solid understanding of what early stage startups need and a fundamental determination to pay it forward by connecting people, ideas and knowledge to further strengthen our community? If so, then we want you!
We are seeking a dynamic and creative Ecosystem Lead to join our Norrsken Stockholm House team, a small but tightly knit team of three. As our Ecosystem Lead, you will be responsible for defining and mapping out the needs in our ecosystem and identifying a strategy for how to best provide support and add creative sparkle to founders and startups. Your ultimate goal is to create a highway of support for impact startups to soar and act as a super-connector within the ecosystem.
The Norrsken Stockholm House is currently home to 150+ teams working on vastly different business ideas, all determined to build a business optimized for people and the planet. And we dare to say that they are all pretty awesome!
Being the Stockholm House Ecosystem Lead means owning the end to end responsibility for the member community and how we effectively provide value to founders and teams. The work will vary from setting the long term agenda to taking strategic decisions on leveling up initiatives and areas you see fit to practical execution of day to day related tasks as well as creating crazy experiences, the bolder the better! And should you wish to expand your horizon and creative thinking, you will have counterparts in both Norrsken’s hubs in Kigali and Barcelona eager to cooperate.
Main responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Lead the engagement of Norrsken House Stockholm’s impact community & ecosystem.
- Own, drive and execute on the strategic agenda for how to improve the Norrsken House value add for founders and their teams whilst creating unforgettable experiences and events that showcase Norrsken's commitment to sustainability and social impact.
- Provide scalable support to startups by being up to date with what the ecosystem requires but also how we can improve our ways of working or in relation to external factors that change the outset for impact entrepreneurship.
- Execute and drive meaningful, creative, relevant and outside of the box engagements and activities that match the needs of our community such as Impact Meetup and Lunch n Learns etc.
- Own and further developed initiatives for alumni & portfolio companies that have left the house.
- Execute on ongoing as well as ad hoc operational inquiries relating to practical members matters.
You are a good fit if you:
- Are passionate about making the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship, technology and business can be a driving force for good.
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience from community/ecosystem building in a fast paced environment. Ideally also relevant startup experience of first hand having lived the blood sweat and tears associated with being part of a tech startup in order to better understand the challenges our member startups are facing.
- Love the social context of being an ecosystem builder by having a problem solving attitude, a creative personality and a lot of outside-the-box thinking in your daily work whether it is grand plans for how to level up the ecosystem or dealing with member issues such as support tickets.
- Are a process oriented person, apt at managing many small tasks and creating efficiencies through continuous process improvements.
- You should be comfortable working with a diverse range of stakeholders, including suppliers, partners, founders and members.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can demonstrate an ability to take ownership of tasks from start to finish.
A job at Norrsken is like working at a startup. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. And, you’ll get to work in a team of caring people with similar aspirations. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together.
About Norrsken Foundation
Norrsken is an impact ecosystem where entrepreneurs can find everything they need to make saving the world their business. It is a non-profit foundation, set up by Niklas Adalberth (co-founder of unicorn Klarna).
We run award-winning hubs in Stockholm-Sweden, Kigali-Rwanda and Barcelona-Spain. We incubated several funds, including Norrsken VC -the world's largest early-stage impact VC fund, and Norrsken22, a $200 million growth fund backing exceptional entrepreneurs building Africa’s new tech unicorns.
We run our own global Norrsken Impact Accelerator, and also continue to gather some of the world’s greatest thinkers in the recurring end-of-summer Impact Week.
...But we’re only getting started. We’re now ready for the next stage of our growth journey, and we’re looking for top-tier talent to join our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Salary & benefits
The position will be based in Stockholm and will likely require substantial traveling.
- Salary is 40 000 SEK/month
- 7 weeks of vacation
- Health allowance of 3000 SEK
- Relevant insurances
- Parental top up
- Tech and merch
- Private health care
- Opportunity to invest in Norrsken’s funds
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as recruitment is ongoing.
Norrsken wishes to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities.
- Norrsken Foundation
Who are we?
We are a mix of highly dedicated, top-performing entrepreneurs, analysts, investors, developers and creatives who all believe in making the world a better place.
We share the same down to earth values and ambitions that make us thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where our efforts are directed towards making good things happen in efficient ways.
We believe that the highest impact come from mutual efforts, wherefore we only hire great team players who invest a lot of hard work and dedication into their practices.
Needless to say, Norrsken is an equal opportunity employer.
About Norrsken Foundation
We are a non-religious, non-partisan, non-profit Foundation with a strong belief in Effective Altruism. We support and invest in both for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations, whichever we believe is most likely to have a positive impact on society.
Nordic Ecosystem Lead
Loading application form
Already working at Norrsken Foundation?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.