The Barcelona house is opening! As the Operations Manager you will be taking our newly opened impact hub to new heights by defining our direction ahead whilst being hands-on with daily operations. The mission? Create the best conditions and opportunities for impact entrepreneurs making solving some of the world’s greatest challenges their business opportunity.
Operational Excellence: Ensuring that Norrsken House Barcelona is at the forefront of efficient ways of working and creating processes and structures to make house operations run efficiently and seamlessly. Find synergies from various functions in your team to save costs and most importantly, find innovative/creative solutions to solve the current day-to-day challenges.
Procurement: Being responsible for negotiating with external suppliers and maintaining relationships with external partners. Working closely with Communications and Sales to optimize the P&L to make sure the house is able to continue to undertake the boldest impact initiatives whilst maintaining a fully functioning and net positive house.
Project Management: Overseeing and coordinating external collaborations, activities and events, furthering our mission to become the main hub for impact.
Technology: Leading the back-office and working closely with the other team members to implement the best and most efficient solutions.
House Experience and Support: Overseeing the onboarding of new members and making sure that we excel at members support. Creating a strong and unified message of what our impact hub can offer and what we want to become.
Leadership: As Operations Manager you will have the opportunity to lead and hire a multifunctional team, making sure we optimize for impact.
Who you are
- To be successful in this role you need to live and breathe impact and take pride in being the ambassador for our impact hub.
- You take pride in what you do and take great ownership in getting your tasks done well and within deadline.
- You have a problem solving mindset with the ability to make compromises when needed
- Analytical thinker with strong ability to optimize P&L processes
- You are a natural leader with the ability to coach and empower others
- You have a strong business acumen and you like to roll up your sleeves and get good shit done.
- You are a hard negotiator whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You derive a lot of your energy from fun, meaningful, strategic and intellectually challenging interactions.
A job at Norrsken is more like working at a startup than a Foundation. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together with us.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience and a urge to always learn new skills
- Previous experience from overall budget responsibility and preferably from heading a division or business area/unit
- Experience in spearheading negotiations, licitation and bidding processes is a must-have
- Experience of managing office spaces and a proven track-record of creating synergies in collaborative environments is a huge advantage
- Alternatively, experience in Hospitality is a plus
Norrsken is an impact ecosystem where entrepreneurs can find everything they need to make saving the world their business.
We run award-winning co-working spaces in Stockholm, Sweden, Kigali, Rwanda and (soon) Barcelona, Spain. We incubated Norrsken VC - a $130 million impact VC fund investing in the best entrepreneurs that solve global challenges using technology, and Norrsken22, a $200 million growth fund backing exceptional entrepreneurs building Africa’s new tech unicorns. We also manage the Norrsken Impact Accelerator, Europe's leading Accelerator program for early stage impact startups.
...But we’re only getting started. We’re now ready for the next stage of our growth journey, and we’re looking for top-tier talent to join our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Norrsken is a non-profit, non-partisan and non-political foundation, with a strong belief in effective altruism. It was founded by Niklas Adalberth, co-founder of payment services unicorn Klarna.
Sounds like you? We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as recruitment is ongoing.
Norrsken wishes to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities.