We are looking for a stellar Business Analyst to drive some of our most important internal strategic projects forward. In this role, you will interact with innovators and business builders to tackle some of the great challenges of our time.
Norrsken Foundation is on a mission to put a positive ding in the universe. In our first five years of existence we’ve created Europe’s largest impact Hub in Stockholm, launched the world’s largest early-stage impact VC fund, founded some 10 companies and given birth to our own Impact Accelerator programme. We also continue to gather some of the world’s greatest thinkers in the recurring end-of-summer Impact Week, aimed at challenging decision makers and celebrating role models. On top of this, we are constructing East Africa’s largest hub for startups in Kigali, Rwanda, due to open before the end of the year.
… But we’re only getting started. We’re now ready for the next stage of our growth journey, and we’re looking for top-tier talent to join our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Norrsken Foundation is a place where you who are early in your career can thrive. A tight knit team where everyone has a key role, rather than being a small cog in a big machine. A place where you can develop skills and get hands-on experience together with some of the best minds in the world. A place where you can truly put a positive ding in the universe. Here are some areas that you as a Business Analyst will cover (but not be limited to):
- Work on a project basis, within all areas of the organization, in both Europe and Africa
- Typically, you will work within a project team and drive analysis of opportunities for Norrsken. This could for example include:
- Develop business cases for whether Norrsken should invest resources or equity in a new initiative - considering the potential for positive impact and costs
- Conduct market research on a new geography that Norrsken is considering
- Analyze opportunities to take on opportunistic projects that maximize our impact per invested cent
- Collaborate on innovative and opportunistic projects
You report to the Global Head of Strategic Initiatives, and work closely with the Global Expansion Manager and Management Team.
A job at Norrsken is like working at a startup. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. You will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together.
What you bring to Norrsken
- You want to make the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship and businesses are great driving forces for this
- A few years work experience, for example within consulting, finance or at a startup would be a plus
- At Norrsken, we often have to make decisions without all the information we'd like. Your strength lies in navigating uncertainty to seek out relevant information and undertake complex analysis to deliver solid recommendations
- You enjoy diving into the deep end of the pool and solving hard problems for the first time - particularly if they involve quantitative excel analysis
- You have a flexible and solution-oriented mindset
- You are able to take full ownership of a work stream from structuring the problem to conducting analysis to drawing conclusions
- You like working in fast-moving teams with a diverse set of problems and projects
- You go the extra mile to make sure we optimize for impact
- You contribute positively to a dynamic and driven team culture
Salary & benefits
The position will be based in Stockholm and may require traveling.
Salary is 40 000 SEK/month, 7 weeks of vacation, health allowance, pension and various insurances. The position is based at the vibrant Norrsken House in Stockholm.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible but the recruitment will be resumed after summer holiday (mid August).
As we are a small team, we are unable to consider applicants without the existing right to work in Sweden. If you are not an EU citizen, please indicate the permit you currently have and its conditions of validity.