Norrsken East Africa is part of the Norrsken Foundation. We are built on the belief that entrepreneurs building rapidly scalable solutions can help solve some of the greatest challenges facing our world today. We also believe in technology as an important tool for solving problems more efficiently, and we strive to create an environment that enables entrepreneurs to do as much good as possible.
With Norrsken House in Kigali, our vision is to create the largest hub for entrepreneurs in Africa. A place where education, innovation and capital will join to generate sustainable growth and development both in Kigali and beyond. Located in Kigali’s city center, Norrsken House attracts anyone involved in the startup ecosystem; from top entrepreneurs, accelerators, incubators, investors and strategic partners, just to name a few. But we’re just getting started…
As our Communications Manager, you are responsible for creating beautiful and engaging content that tells the story of Norrsken and our members in the region. You will be working closely with both the Norrsken East Africa team in Kigali, designing, producing and driving world-class activations on-site, as well as the Comms and Marketing team at Norrsken HQ in Stockholm, to ensure your work remains aligned with Norrsken global brand strategy. You will be part of a small and agile team with big ambitions for the Norrsken brand, both locally and globally.
Work tasks will include (but not be limited to):
- As part of the Norrsken East Africa team in Kigali, plan out and help produce local activations designed to generate awareness and lead generation for Norrsken House Kigali.
- Work closely with the Norrsken Kigali member and partner community, ensuring the superstars in our ecosystem get the spotlight and attention they deserve.
- Own and manage Norrsken East Africa website, social channels and local press/influencer relations.
- Content production for Norrsken House Kigali and digital channels (digital media, events, signage etc)
- Track, report and follow-up on relevant KPIs, adjusting strategies accordingly.
What we hope you'll bring to Norrsken:
- 3+ years relevant work experience from brand/marketing, art direction, communications or similar roles. Familiarity with the African tech/startup ecosystem will be considered a big plus.
- You want to make the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship and technology are great driving forces for this.
- You’re an experienced content producer/communications manager with a vision for how to get the fast-paced, fast-growing African tech/startup ecosystem to pay attention and take note of what Norrsken is doing.
- You have great stakeholder management skills and experience from working in international organizations.
- You combine a knack for storytelling and design with a data-driven mindset. You know which metrics are relevant and how to track, analyze and take action on them.
- Hands-on experience from Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects or similar editing suites, as well as some CMS familiarity (Wordpress, Webflow or similar)
- Fluent in English with ability to write punchy and engaging copy.
A job at Norrsken is like working at a startup: It’s fast-paced and exciting. Tasks and challenges may be demanding and responsibilities may change over time. In return, we guarantee that we will fast-forward your personal and professional development, through projects you will be proud of having contributed to.
Salary: 2.5kUSD monthly.
Norrsken does not pay for relocation but will assist with working permits/VISAs where necessary.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda