Norrsken East Africa is part of Norrsken Foundation. We are built on the belief that entrepreneurs building rapidly scalable solutions can help solve some of the greatest challenges facing our world today. We also believe in technology as an important tool for solving problems more efficiently, and we strive to create an environment that enables entrepreneurs to do as much good as possible.
With Norrsken House in Kigali, our vision is to create the largest hub for entrepreneurs in Africa. A place where education, innovation and capital will join to generate sustainable growth and development both in Kigali and beyond.
Located in Kigali’s city center, our state-of-the-art facility attracts anyone involved in the startup ecosystem; from top entrepreneurs, accelerators, incubators, investors, lawyers, accountants and strategic partners, just to name a few. But we’re just getting started…
As a Finance Lead, you are instrumental to Norrsken’s ability to execute on our vision. You are pushing and developing the entire organization by anchored in quantitative analysis.
About the role
As a Finance lead you will be in charge of our finances, making sure we maximize the worth of every penny spent. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and follow up Norrsken East Africa’s overall budget
- Develop business cases for individual smaller and larger projects
- Conduct analysis of financial actuals in order to highlight operational performance issues and opportunities to better use our resources and provide actionable recommendations based on the insights
- Manage finance processes as the link to our external accountants (e.g. ensure invoicing, receive invoices and assure attest flows)
- Project lead implementation of identified opportunities (e.g. cost reductions, pricing changes etc.) together with the team
Who you are
- You want to make the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship and business models are great driving forces for this
- You are positive and contribute to a dynamic and driven team culture
- You love numbers, digging into excel files and finding simple solutions to complex problems
- You have project management experience, and can use the insights from your financial analysis to help colleagues focus their energy right
- You have great stakeholder management skills, and experience from working in international organizations
A job at Norrsken is more like working at a startup. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together with us.
Norrsken Foundation is on a mission to put a positive ding in the universe. In our first five years of existence we’ve created Europe’s largest impact Hub in Stockholm, launched the world’s largest early-stage impact VC fund, founded some 10 companies and given birth to our own Impact Accelerator programme. We also continue to gather some of the world’s greatest thinkers in the recurring end-of-summer Impact Week, aimed at challenging decision makers and celebrating role models. On top of this, we are constructing East Africa’s largest hub for startups in Kigali, and founded one of Africa’s largest VC funds: Norrsken 22.
...But we’re only getting started. We’re now ready for the next stage of our growth journey, and we’re looking for top-tier talent to join our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Salary & benefits
Besides working in one of the coolest office spaces in Kigali and a highly visible role, you will also benefit from the following:
- $3,000 net monthly salary
- Regional health insurance
- Brand new mobile phone and a computer
- Free internet access
- Last but not least, your role will help entrepreneurs who are working hard to build a fair and prosperous future for all of us
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as recruitment is ongoing.