Norrsken Foundation is on a mission to put a positive ding in the universe. We started by opening Europe’s largest hub for impact entrepreneurs in Stockholm, have recently beta launched East Africa’s largest hub for entrepreneurs in Kigali and will soon open in one additional European city. But this is just the beginning. As our Global Expansion Manager, you will be the key driver of taking Norrsken to new and exciting markets. It is a broad role that will span from both strategic work to hands-on operational execution.
Norrsken supports impact entrepreneurs in multiple ways, including capital, network & knowledge, talent and spotlight. Our experience has been that two key aspects are required as anchors: Amazing local people excited to establish Norrsken in their city and a physical Norrsken House. Beyond that, our expansion approach has varied, e.g. on whether we’ve expanded fully integrated or with a licensing model. Now is the time for you to take the learnings from these to expand Norrsken’s impact globally.
You will report directly to the COO/CFO of Norrsken Foundation and work closely with our management team and board.
Work tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Identify and prioritize a short-list of markets where we think Norrsken could have great impact. We think these markets are short-term most likely in Africa and/or Asia, but what do we know?
- Drive market analysis, combining quantitative data and business acumen to make recommendations on where and how to scale (including local adaptations of the offering and pricing model)
- Find and engage local individuals, co-founders and organizations who want to be part of setting up Norrsken in their market
- Build the expansion business case, to base development planning and stakeholder engagement on
- Continuously update and own the Norrsken Expansion Blueprint: What a local Norrsken entity is and what the path to get there would look like.
- Together with local entrepreneurs: Identify a relevant spot for a Norrsken house (to buy or rent)
- Project lead the set-up of Norrsken in the new country, including owning the business case and engage relevant parties for all steps of the process (from legal set-up to renovation) until it becomes a line of business
The role will require extensive traveling, and we imagine you are a person who will be excited about exploring the world.
What we hope you’ll bring to Norrsken:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, for example as project manager for a consultancy firm or from international expansion of a scale up
- As we are a tight knit team, we are looking for someone that is willing and able to have a strategic mindset as well as rolling up their sleeves and getting stuff done on an operational level.
- A genuine passion for making things better in the world and you thrive in a fast moving environment.
- Project management experience from leading both analytically complex tasks and arriving at recommendations, as well as leading people in a project team
- Experience from working in an international context, meaning that you are fully comfortable with working in English. French is a plus.
- As you will have multiple internal and external senior stakeholders, it is crucial that you have solid stakeholder management skills, and the ability to interact independently with senior counterparts
A job at Norrsken is like working at a startup: It’s fast-paced and exciting. Tasks and challenges may be demanding and responsibilities may change over time. In return, we guarantee that we will fast-forward your personal and professional development, through projects you will be proud of having contributed to.
Norrsken is an impact ecosystem where entrepreneurs can find everything they need to make saving the world their business.
We run the award-winning co-working space Norrsken House in Stockholm, Sweden and Norrsken House in Kigali, Rwanda, the largest startup hub in East Africa. We incubated Norrsken VC - a $130 million impact VC fund investing in the best entrepreneurs that solve global challenges using technology, and Norrsken22, a $200 million growth fund backing exceptional entrepreneurs building Africa’s new tech unicorns. We also manage the Norrsken Impact Accelerator, Europe's leading Accelerator program for early stage impact startups.
Norrsken is a non-profit, non-partisan and non-political foundation, with a strong belief in effective altruism. It was founded by Niklas Adalberth, co-founder of payment services unicorn Klarna.
Salary and benefits
The salary level for this position is 65 000 SEK, 7 weeks of vacation, health benefits, pension and relevant insurance. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as recruitment is ongoing.
Norrsken seeks to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities.