ABC Labs was created in Spring 2020 in a direct response to challenges posed by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic to the Swedish healthcare system.
Initially built and deployed over seven weeks, ABC now consistently represents up to 25% of all national testing for Covid-19 with over 2.7 million tests completed.
Our culture is defined by speed, agility, and innovation without ever compromising the highest standards of quality. ABC was first in Sweden to set up mass screening for both the Delta and Omicron variants and the first in Europe to launch tests for measuring T-cell immunity.
We believe the pandemic has changed diagnostics and healthcare forever. Looking towards the future, we are investing heavily to create solutions that make testing affordable, accessible and readily available.
About the role
ABC has partnered with the Public Health Agency of Sweden, a majority of Regions, and most significant private care providers.
As VP Engineering, you will lead a team of skilled engineers and work closely with our partners to build an infrastructure that enables intelligent testing strategies; including population-based national screening programs, early identification of risk factors, and remote monitoring of chronic diseases.
This includes creating innovative tools to support lab processes and building external tools for streamlining connectivity between care providers, labs, and patients; covering operation of sampling sites, home sampling, logistics, and the exchange of clinical data.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and strategic leader that can nurture and lead a team of highly competent, open minded, and driven people. Today ABC has over 80 employees and a tight knit team of 14 engineers and growing. As VP Engineering you will be highly involved in hiring new talent to the team and make sure we develop the talent we already have.
You will report to the CTO and you will be based at our headquarters in Solna. The role is to be mostly on site but we are open to working from home every now and then.
What ABC offers you:
- A chance to build and lead an engineering department (nearly) from the ground up.
- To have an influential and fundamental role in the company - helping shape the strategy of product development.
- Working with an interesting range of partners in Sweden and abroad to enable intelligent mass testing and connected, accessible, care.
- A fast-paced interdisciplinary environment where you will be working closely with the management team, lab staff, and supporting various functions across the organisation.
What we hope you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience from leading multi functional tech teams on an operational level
- Up to date with current technology and trends, with an ability to grasp new technologies quickly
- Keen on efficiency and takes performance & scalability seriously
- A problem solving attitude with the ability to think outside the box
- Good understanding of leading and elevating tech teams, engineering culture, practices and tools
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills