We are hiring a superstar intern to become part of the Norrsken Impact Accelerator team, supporting and driving one of Norrsken’s most exciting and impactful initiatives.
Norrsken Foundation is on a mission to put a positive ding in the universe. In our first five years of existence, we’ve created Europe’s largest impact Hub in Stockholm, launched the world’s largest early-stage impact VC fund, founded some 10 companies and given birth to our own Norrsken Impact Accelerator programme. We also continue to gather some of the world’s greatest thinkers in the recurring end-of-summer Impact Week, aimed at challenging decision makers and celebrating role models. On top of this, we are constructing East Africa’s largest hub for startups in Kigali, Rwanda, due to open before the end of the year.
...But we’re only getting started. After founding the Norrsken Impact Accelerator in 2020 where we received 2300 applications from 120 countries, we are now levelling up and taking the next stage of its growth journey. We’re therefore looking for top talent to join our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
- Support the Accelerator team hands-on with preparations for the program and 8-week sprint during the summer including matchmaking with mentors, marketing & comms, organising the backend tech systems, visa processes, etc.
- Prepare and quality check all program workflows, ensuring they are ready to operationally execute with a ‘get good shit done’ mentality.
- Manage incoming communication with external stakeholders (mentors, advisors, startups, investors, etc.)
Characteristics that are helpful in this role
- You are passionate about making a positive impact in the world, and see entrepreneurship as a driver of positive change
- You are a curious person and a fast learner
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and solving all types of problems without prestige
- You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with and supporting your team
- You are able to take full ownership of projects and drive them from start to finish independently
- You like are structured, detailed-oriented and enjoy juggling many tasks at the same time
Previous experience within project management, operations or events is seen as a bonus but not a requirement. The working language of the role is English, so high proficiency is essential.
We actively seek to recruit talented people from all academic backgrounds. We encourage all majors to apply and will consider extracurricular activities, academic standing and work experience when selecting candidates to interview.
A job at Norrsken is more like working at a startup than a charity. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together with us.
We aim for this opportunity to be integrated into studies either as an internship that is part of your program or as part of a thesis, in order for you to be eligible for student financing (CSN or other), as the internship is unpaid. For this reason, we are opening up internships for a single quarter (Apr-Jun) or for a full semester (Jan - Jun) depending on what is possible for you. Please state what timeline you are able to join in your application. There might also be opportunities to stay on until the end of summer in a paid capacity after the internship has ended.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as recruitment is ongoing.
Norrsken wishes to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities.